Indianapolis Colts Stadium Sponsor Claims She Is ‘Sick And Tired Of Minorities’

Indianapolis Colts Stadium Sponsor Claims She Is ‘Sick And Tired Of Minorities’

charlotte lucas

Charlotte Atkins Lucas, co-founder of Lucas Oil Products and the company’s executive vice president, posted comments on her Facebook page disparaging atheists, Muslims and other minority groups, claiming she is sick and tired of them “running our country.” Lucas Oil has naming rights to the stadium that the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts call home. Lucas and her husband Forrest are prominent members of the community in Indianapolis. Mrs. Lucas actually won a Spirit Award in April. Spirit Awards are given out to “recognize leaders in business, philanthropy and arts and culture.”

Channel 6 in Indianapolis first reported on the Facebook post Friday afternoon. While it appears that Lucas deleted the post, and perhaps her page, as I was unable to locate it, the news station was able to post a screenshot of the rant.

lucas-facebook-rant

Oof. A screed like that can only come from the mind of someone ensconced in white privilege. For an extremely wealthy woman to complain that atheists, Muslims and other minorities are somehow running things in this country and making white Christians do things they don’t want to do is just plain ludicrous. Mostly, this just comes across as a conservative rich person whining about the pushing of the ‘liberal agenda.’

Lucas did confirm to Channel 6 that she made the Facebook post, She claimed that she was upset when she did it and that she just doesn’t like other groups telling people what to do.

“I was very upset when I wrote that. I will not elaborate other than to say that there are certain people who are trying to make the whole world eat what they want to eat and do what they want to do. I don’t think it’s any of their business what I put in my mouth. Thank you.”

(Sounds to me like someone isn’t happy with the First Lady’s healthy eating initiative.)

Below is a video segment from Channel 6 on the story:

Now, I wonder if she is talking about groups of people who are trying to tell women what they can and can’t do with their bodies. Or, perhaps other people that are telling same-sex couples that they cannot get legally married. Nope. It seems far more likely she is whining about things like the so-called War on Christmas, affirmative action, the separation of church and state and anything else that good upstanding white Christians feel they are under attack for.

One also has to see the correlation between her rant and the fact that President Barack Obama is a minority. You have to wonder if her little addition of ‘Muslims’ is a shout out to conspiracies regarding POTUS, specifically that he is a secret Muslim who is doing the bidding of radical Islamists. Of course, that always goes hand-in-hand with birthers claiming that Obama was born in Kenya and isn’t legitimate. The whole tone of Lucas’ rant, even if you can’t point directly to her claiming these things, fits right in with the worst from the far-right.

72 Responses to "Indianapolis Colts Stadium Sponsor Claims She Is ‘Sick And Tired Of Minorities’"

1. Eykis   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

People living in the ‘white privilege bubble’ are clueless as to the other 310 million AMERICANS in this country.

Another entitled silly fool. Work a shift, lady, in one of Indiana’s fine factories and get a paycheck.

• john   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:03 pm

where is Goodell, the NFL, why do these a holes have their name on a NFL stadium? Another rich guy (roger) protecting another rich idiot, in minority dominated American sport.

• Mark Warren   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Another one bites the dust?

2. Metal Goddess   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Personally I’m sick of people like this who are the actual minority in this country constantly whining and complaining. As a Native American may I suggest that Miss Lucas look up her ancestry to see where they emigrated from and pack her shit up and leave? I’ll be more than happy to help her pack. As a matter of fact with her money I see no reason why she can’t find some other place in the world to live. I will however make sure I never buy any of her products. Bitches like that don’t deserve my money.

• ChoctawBear   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Tell it, sister!

• d brown   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Thank you for the posting. And the truth.

• Stef   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:24 pm

ill help you. They stole the country in colonial days. She should end up like Sterling

3. william wilson   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:22 pm

More right wing rhetoric

4. Desa   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Interesting – that bit about what to put in her mouth. Was she talking about the First Lady’s push to get children to eat more healthy food? Surely she is not talking about the refusal to require GMO labeling. When we do not know how, where or with what chemicals our food is grown, isn’t the wealthy establishment trying to tell us what to put in our mouths? We cannot know unless the foods are labeled. Anyway, her rant is racist and silly.

• Pookie   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

This woman doesn’t look like she’s missed too many meals — Twinkies, potato chips, ice cream? — so obviously she’s eating what she likes!

5. George Kahle   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

If she cannot accept all Americans then she is an elitest and part of the sickness not the cure AGS she with her power should be, Lucas Oil, SUCKS AND BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS ONLY FESTERS PROBLEMS IN AMERICA

6. troubled   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:42 pm

sponsors pull out and take away the naming rights of the stadium of this white rich, bitchy woman.

7. Kyara Peacock   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Oh, but it’s OK for her and others of her ilk to tell people what to do. Last I checked, millionaires and billionaires are MINORITIES!

8. tunaboat   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Minorities built this idiot’s business. She’s reaping the benefits of minorities working for her. The U.S. was founded on religious freedom. EVERYONE has a right to practice their own religious beliefs here. Don’t like it? Leave!

Please take a minute and send an e-mail to Lucas Oil’s corporate headquarters.

9. William Bridgers   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I dont know of anyone making anyone eat anything they dont want to i guess she has always had a cook that cooked just what everyone in the family wanted to eat at every meal and she never told anyone in the family what time to be home or how to act in public or toward people in charge of anything

10. Bob Shipp   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:07 pm

The comments about telling us what we can or cannot eat is surely a thinly veiled reference to Michelle Obama’s drive to confront childhood obesity or perhaps Michael Bloomberg’s efforts to legislate healthy eating habits……. but then he’s rich white guy (not a minority) too…… Guess she needs to find a new place to stick her lubricants!

11. RAYMOND SEAN WALTERS   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:35 pm

As the Director of a corporation that would purchase Lucas Oil products I have made decision that I will no longer support a business owned by a person so irresponsible with their words towards the greater community.

Lucas Oil has lost our business. (and my Board has approved my decision)

• JaHa 3255   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Thank you Raymond Sean Walters! The only thing that gets people such as the Lucas’ to shut up is to hit them in their pocketbooks. I hope more companies will also stop doing business with them.

• JaHa 3255   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:58 pm

My husband and I were just talking about this…we will also not purchase any products from Lucas Oil. There is no room in our country for people to make asinine comment directed at the very ones who built our country. If she was directing her vent about what she puts in her mouth not being anyone’s business at our FLOTUS, then even more shame on her! Teaching kids to eat healthier should be applauded. Their future depends on being healthy!

• prince_umbweebee   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Well said.

• Ron Kovach   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

thank you, Mr Walters, for talking an ethical stand against ignorance. I applaud your courage and action (and that if your Board as well ).

• Diane Almgren   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Dear Mr. Walters,
      I am so please to see someone take action. It is so disheartening
      to see the lack of love and compassion for one’s fellowman or
      woman in the comments of this person.
      I have long felt that is is wrong to reward persons like Charlotte Lucas
      with awards and recognition and certainly any business.
      This is one reason why I will never be “rich” ( monetary ), because I am “rich” in
      spirit and love for all people. ( I must admit my struggle with loving people like her…but I am trying )
      Good people and companies like you and yours need to stand up before
      our country and the world are entirely destroyed. God must sometimes
      shake his head.
      Thank you, again, for standing up for what is good and right in the world.
      Diane Almgren

• Billy Spellings   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Same here done with Lucas Oil products.

12. Sharon Nolen   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I totally agree with you!! And I am not the privileged white person. I have worked in factories. I am also part Native American, I was married to a black man, and my daughter is black and so are my grandchildren. That about covers any racial slurs/prejudice people might want to sling my way. I am a mixture of many ethnic cultures. I’ve worked hard all my life as an ICU RN. I started out as an unwed mother on welfare. I’ve worn those shoes too. So, I have the right to say and feel the way I do. No one has the right to tell me what to say or how to feel. Get up off your lazy asses and work. Get an education and quit expecting the government to support you. I am so sick and tired of every one having to tip toe around about what they say because someone might be offended! Get over it!! Almost every color has been a slave at one time, including the white people who were slaves in Africa. Read your history people. Don’t sit around and be ignorant.Tired of everyone’s pity party!!

• Tracy Gibson   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Oh, so were you just a lazy slut who was too stupid to keep her legs closed? I mean those are the only people on welfare. Right?

• Florida Farmer   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Wow. Just as tone deaf and stupid as Lucas’ little rant.

• Tom Wilson   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Honey, I think you’re lying up your ass!

• Diane Almgren   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Sharon,
      AMEN!
      Diane

13. Jrean Auris   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 2:57 pm

The woman sounds angry to me. Lift up your eyes to the heavens and be happy with what you have.

14. Jean Auris   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

My name is Jean Auris not Jrean. Sorry

15. Frank Milcarek   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yes Lucas Oil AKA Protect The Harvest are the same people that spent $5000.00 + on full page adds that were full of LIES about how dogs and cats should not be fixed because then they will not heard cattle or catch mice! Killed ordinances in 2 or 3 Counties in Southern Indiana that would have made it e-legal to not have proper shelter for dogs and cats in bad weather and to have proper food and water bowls! I guess Money can buy you anything or anybody!

16. Norma Larro   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

And does she sends “confidential” emails to HR to tell them NOT to hire or promote these minorities? Bet she does and we are only a whistle blower away from finding out the truth. Wait for it, wait for it…..

17. Karen   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Kudos to Raymond Sean Walters and JaHa 3255. If I had the need for products sold by Lucas Oil, I would be looking for a replacement vendor.

18. Max butler   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

as I agree with her supposed comment no minority or majority has the right to impose their will over others. That being said as a prominent person of business and of sports shevshould know that all people have rights and that she can not impose her views arbitrarily on others. The colts WERE one of the teams I watched regularly not any longer, not because the tee am holds her views but because she and her husband who I believe may have known her belief are holders of this team , just because she deleted post does not mean she is apologetic .

19. Fred Skinner   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I’m not sure but what is the over under on the the next Colts game? That seems to be more interesting topic for America to talk about.

20. Adrianne Surabian   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Her mistake–opening her mouth. Question–What has been her chosen field of employment? I’m sure she was granted an education without any concern for where the money would come from..Has she contributed to the family business in any way. How does she pay her bills? Send them to private trust fund? Has she ever washed her kitchen floor on her hands and knees? I’ll bet that’s where those minorities come in.This woman needs to suffer a little and learn to give a little of herself not just money that her company has earned from all those minorities. It’s amazing how entitled some people feel by just being born into a family that was started probably by some hard working minority years ago. Her day will come.

21. Daniel Jones   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Rich white trash. Just a redneck who owns a big gas station. So persecuted!

22. Mass Effect   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Desa,

Lets be real, Michelle’s food program is a flop. Even school kids say so. here is a video to show you

As far as this goes, I wouldn’t go ranting on social media about your political opinions but, then again who gives a flying whoop. She has her beliefs and you have yours. She is just married to the Owner of Lucas Oil, and the company shouldn’t be scrutinized for what a head of a company’s wife said. Lucas actually makes a good product. If you don’t like it. Don’t freaking buy it.

You people B**** and moan about people who say something and will crucify them cause it doesn’t go with the majority. Get over it.

• katie kat   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Mass effect,

YOU PEOPLE ????????????
      HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE.

I DONT LIKE IT AND I WONT FREAKING BUB IT AND NEITHER WILL MY FRIENDS WHEN THEY READ THIS.

• james welsh   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Yes, let’s be honest.
      A silly comment from someone who is brave enough to comment using a name like Mass Effect speaks volumes as to who you are.
      Sadly, it also disqualifies you and your comment.
      IF you believe in what you say, and are not just posting trash you’d stand by yourself.
      But, we all know who you really are.
      As far as the School Lunches…
      Since you are incapable of actually doing your own research into it and post a silly video that is beyond the pale as far as factual content.
      Here is the response you deserve…
      As far as the lady in question and her ignorance…
      (this one goes out to all the ignorant cows out there who want to oil the machine with hate, lies and ignorance.)

23. Stephanie knepper   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:48 pm

She is the antithesis of everything that our nation, stands for. She has too much time and money on her hands and has such an unfulfilling life,that she has to rant about people ” not like her”. Whaa, whaa…”I’m not getting my way”….

24. Matthew Rettenmund   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I’m tired of minorities, too, like…the 1%. These leeches take and take and take then get upset over whatever small concessions to fairness they feel forced to make.

25. Mark A M   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 7:52 pm

“She is just married to the Owner of Lucas Oil, and the company shouldn’t be scrutinized for what a head of a company’s wife said. Lucas actually makes a good product. If you don’t like it. Don’t freaking buy it.” – Mass Effect

THIS IS WRONG. SHE IS A CO-FOUNDER AND EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT. SHE DOESNT HAVE THE LUXURY OF A “PERSONAL” OPINION POSTED IN A “PUBLIC” FORUM. Just because you can say what you want, doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences. And from the looks of it, people are starting to NOT BUY their products because of some misguided personal rant.

And on a side note, by about 2020 or 2025 minorities (all together in one group) will be the majority in this country. Why do you think there’s such an effort to shut down/control our borders? It’s more than just a money issue that’s for sure.

26. Mathew   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 8:05 pm

A loving compassionate conservative Christian so intolerant of people of color. So what about your Jesus??

27. Bonnie Montgomery   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

one hopes that in her next life she is a black Muslim woman starving in subs sharan Africa, living under sharia law while she starves and has to sell her body to feed her children. In this life, she has shown enough compassion to deserve such a fate; and the women who ARE living that way deserve to be in her place now. Just remember Mrs. Lucas Oil, what happened to the lady who said, “let them eat cake.”

28. Terri Mategrano   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 9:04 pm

What a gross piece of rich white trash. Cushioned in her mansion and bank account. You make me PUKE.

29. Kelly Payne   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 9:45 pm

NO ONE IS TRYING TO MAKE ANYONE DO ANTHING.PEOPLE CAn still eat what they want and do what they want as long as it’s legal and or doesn’t violate anyone’s rights.

30. T.J.   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Seeing all the sick racist comments on here, I now understand why Obama won twice. Although most Americans may not like him, how can they ever vote for the vile hatred coming out of the conservatives that claim their allegiance to Republicans while posting this vile? So on election day, most voters went into the voting booth, held their nose, and voted for the democratic candidate anyway. After reading through these comments, I can’t say that I blame them.

• Erin Holbert   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I couldn’t agree more. Such an embarrassment to Indy and the Colts. It is a shame many of the fans could care less that the name on the stadium where 80% of the players are black is okay. It isn’t and I will never set foot in that place

31. Mindy Cameron   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 10:16 pm

She can’t hide from this. Everyone she knows must have seen it. Even if her friends agree with her, she broke the code, she said it out loud, revealed her arrogance and is receiving the public shaming. So very glad they got the screen shot. They need to remove the Lucas name from the stadium now. She should go into exile.

32. Doug Tschopp   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

i am tired of sports being racists and society in general accepting it

33. Matty O   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 11:05 pm

another Koch sucker.

34. Carol Parry   Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 11:43 pm

I believe the Indianapolis Colts need to find a new name and sponsor for the stadium. I’ll tell you what I’m sick of Rich people who think they should be the ones who decide how the reset of us live. I’m boycotting Lucas products and I will not go to another colts game until Lucas is removed from that stadium. Go back to Texas Mrs Lucas.

• Erin Holbert   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Agreed

35. JRay   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 12:20 am

Who cares. She’s entitled to her own opinion whether you agree with her or not. She’ll wake up tomorrow and still be rich and you clowns will still be complaining about her instead doing something more productive with your lives. Sharon Nolen’s post above was perfect. No matter how ignorant someone’s opinion is they shouldn’t have to apologize for it. I was born into a lower middle class family and have worked my way into I guess what would be considered upper middle class at just 34. I found it funny that as I progress in my career, and make more money, the more I have to pay out in taxes for people who don’t want to work as hard or work at all.

• Howard Hemphill   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 11:37 am

JRay, Most of your hard earned money (taxes)don’t go to minorities as of late. Your taxes go for wars that I’m sure you don’t agree with. I don’t agree with welfare forever, I think it should be used to get on your feet and then be done with it. At 34 I was upper middle class, not a great feat, but an accomplishment some don’t achieve. Be happy you did. As far as Mrs. Bitch, being in business and depending on minorities to buy her product, she should have kelp her mouth shut. Just my opinion.

36. TonyM   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 3:57 am

JRay, you find it “funny” that as you make more money you have to pay more income taxes? How exactly did you progress in business if you lack things like a basic understanding of our tax system? Mind you, not only are the highest marginal income tax rates lower than they were in the period of the greatest economic expansion in this country, the opportunities for the very rich to avoid paying the tax they should owe are abundant. Perhaps, when and if you graduate from the “upper middle class” to the realm of the truly wealthy, your accountant will do the magic math that allows you to join the select fraternity of rich
    bums who pay no taxes at all

37. PAB   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:09 am

The stadium was built in the 80’s with taxerpayer funds to be used & owned by individual entities. Remember it being a huge political argument as to why should the taxpayers pay for a stadium that was only going to benefit a few investors. Not surprised by the privileged attitude or comments of this women. After all she built it, & pulled herself up by her own boot straps. Deals like this made the privilege for the few. No doubt has added to Indianapolis & NFL which by the way is tax exempt. So who knows if the taxpayers got their monies worth.

• Erin Holbert   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:29 pm

No it was built and opened in 2008 and much city money. Embarrassed by this

38. allheavens   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 9:05 am

@JRay

You pay more taxes because the wealthy do not pay their fair share and there are so many loop holes in the tax codes that the amount they do pay can easily be reduced to a miniscule amount in comparison to the profits they make.

The middle-class is being squeezed by the failure of our legislatures to properly tax the super-rich, constantly giving huge tax breaks for promises of future tax revenue and jobs that never seem to materialize. Poor people who for the most part are the “working” poor pay far more taxes in comparison to the rich.

Demonizing poor people is exactly what the rich want people like you to do, so in your case they can most definitely say “mission accomplished.”

39. SJim   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 9:13 am

@JRay…A whole lot of ppl do? Seems all u care about is the fact that she is rich so her words have no effect. Ur net worth is according to u that ur 34 and upper middle class. How shallow and well…dumb a$#! Making money doesn’t make u better than any one else. If u don’t want to pay taxes don’t make money!

40. Suzy McNeil   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 9:29 am

The article said : that she was upset about people telling her what she can or cannot put in her mouth. Well now it is different when the shoe is on the other foot isn’t it

41. Suzy McNeil   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 9:31 am

I mean big republican oil is telling people what they can and cannot do all the time. i.e abortion and birth control etc

42. Tom   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 10:08 am

I am sick and tired of how football sucks up cultural oxygen and shifts cultural priorities.

43. Ashley robbins   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 1:36 pm

She is so right. If you don’t like all the free stuff you are getting that I’m paying for, leave. I’m tired of the complaining & bitching about the police too. You think you are above the law and defend your criminal gangs. Get out of the U.S.

44. Robin   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 5:33 pm

She has the right to her opinion, just as you and I do. Having a conversation about opposing beliefs is great and can lead to change, being mean and vile changes nothing. You should do a little research before you publicly attack someone. These people, the Lucas family, were not born wealthy. They started their business out of their home. Through years of hard work they sell products world wide. Because of their hard work and determination, they have been able to employ thousands. People should be able to state their feelings without fear of persecution, you have the choice to agree or disagree. Keep the conversation on topic instead of attacking her waistline or pocketbook.

45. joe   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Yeah man. But FB is DA #truth. Have you double checked her twitter or pinterest?

46. Roger Tate   Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

God made her do it and he sucks (all religions).

47. Dante D'Anthony   Monday, October 6th, 2014 at 9:40 am

Actually this doesn’t look racially motivated,in my opinion. She said Muslims and Atheists-technically a small minority of the larger population. Islam is a multiracial religion that encompasses the globe, it is not a race, and neither is Atheism a race. So the knee jerk reaction against her comment to frame it as racist is simply wrong. What she is complaining about is the fact that we are a Republic in which the rule of law protects the smallest portion of society (minority) against the whims of the majority. This is ironic for a presumably Republican, and a woman business owner. It is, however, one of the ordinary frustrations majority populations experience in a civilized pluralistic Republic-like putting up with your weird uncle or that hippies sister. She appears to me to have hugely poorly worded an ordinary harmless gripe-would this faux scandal exist if she had been griping about Fundamentalist Christians annoying her? A lot of people complain they are sick of them too and the

• Dante D'Anthony   Monday, October 6th, 2014 at 9:44 am

Would this faux scandal exist if she had been griping about Fundamentalist Christians annoying her? A lot of people complain they are sick of them too, and no one frames their griping as racist.

48. Vic   Monday, October 6th, 2014 at 11:35 pm

It is interesting that considering the tone of some of these rants they are not deemed offensive. The only difference seems to be wealth envy. This whole politically correct, don’t offend anyone mentality starts out as social peer pressure until it becomes law requiring a lot of expense to business and governments alike. Some in the minority then push the law to the limit for self aggrandizement and wealth at the expense of majority rule. In politics, that means using the aggrieved parties to retain or attain power to be able to achieve wealth by shaking down private enterprise. Many in politics have became wealthy on paltry salaries.The whole Colts episode is one that a lot of Hoosiers feel we could have done without and when they threatened to leave Indy, the feeling was good riddance. However, taxes were increased and Lucas Oil came forth with the money for naming rights and the Colts stayed. It reminded me of the ‘Indiana, Land of Taxes” “license plate of the ’60’s.

49. Danny   Thursday, October 9th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

You people hear what you want to hear because it is already in your hearts. We live in a country were we all should work together to come up with solutions. None of you know Charlette Lucas and are judging her words based solely because she is a wealth white Christian woman not by the character of her person. If you were to do this then you would be able truly understand her comments. Maybe the bigots you are looking for are closer then you think.